Transport for London strongly supports the use of Travel Plans as a key tool for promoting sustainable travel.
iTRACE is an innovation in Travel Plan Management Software, developed by iBase Systems Ltd and WESTTRANS with funding from Transport for London. It provides a centralised software suite designed to monitor and report on the performance of Travel Plans, offering quicker, easier Travel Planning, Assessment, Auditing and Forecasting. Local Authorities can now share Travel Plan data.
- Sophisticated mapping & database technology
- Fast & simple access to information including adding and editing detailsli>
- Geo-location of organisations on a map
- Easy attachment of documents & related data to sites
- Predefined reports
- Analysis of individual Travel Plans against targets, planning conditions and obligations
- Workplace access to Site Audit & Staff Survey tool
- Online Site Audits
- Online or paper based staff surveys
- A standard methodology
- Draft Travel Plan Reports automatically
By ensuring that a robust, standardised approach is applied to the whole Travel Plan process, iTRACE will for the very first time allow like for like comparisons on Travel Plan data – from one year to the next, from one organisation to the next, from one borough/LA to the next. iTRACE is the new nationwide benchmark for data collection, management and reporting.
STARS – School Travel plan Accreditation Programme
The Transport for London Travel Plan Accreditation Programme, STARS, provides a framework and guidance for nurseries, schools and academies to help them put a STARS accredited travel plan in place. It rewards schools and nurseries for their achievements and commitment to encourage walking, cycling and road safety. Schools and nurseries who would like to create a travel plan and apply online for STARS accreditation should contact their local borough School Travel Advisor, Road Safety Officer or Travel Awareness Officer for details. For further information, visit www.staccreditation.org.uk